Stained teeth can be a big disappointment. As your dentist in Turlock, CA, we can help! You don’t have to live with stained teeth forever. Knowing the cause of stained teeth and addressing the issue can help make your teeth beautiful and white once again.
What Causes Teeth Stains
There are many things that can cause your teeth to get stained. Habits, lifestyle choices and foods and beverages are all some of the most common causes of stained teeth. If your teeth are stained brown, gray or yellow, here are some of the most likely causes of this problem:
- Dark-colored foods and beverages. Sauces, wine, coffee, gravy, berries and beets are all common foods and beverages that can stain your teeth.
- Smoking. Nicotine and tar from smoking can discolor your teeth. This happens when the nicotine and tar is absorbed into the tiny pores of the tooth enamel.
- Poor oral hygiene. Cleaning your teeth helps eliminate stains. However, if you have poor oral hygiene, your teeth may stain over time. Going to the dentist can help with this.
What You Can Do About Stained Teeth
There are many things you can do to keep your teeth cleaner, whiter and brighter.
- Visit your dentist for a professional tooth cleaning twice annually. Your dentist will get rid of tartar and plaque that can cause stains.
- Stop using tobacco products. Talk to your doctor if you need help with this.
- Swish with water after consuming foods or beverages that stain.
- Get your teeth whitened by your dentist. Professional teeth whitening is long-lasting and effective.
Do you need teeth whitening in Turlock, CA? Call your dentist at Progressive Health Dental to make an appointment for your dental cleaning and teeth whitening appointment today.